Connect with Little Lamm & Co.

gold facebook photo gold_facebook_zpseb70d3fe.png gold pinterest photo goldt_pinterest_zps33964411.png

Thursday, August 20, 2015

Cecily Moore │ Interactive Scrapbook Layout

As a scrapbooker, I love getting the most out of my supplies, and one way I love to do that is to use journaling cards (especiallydigital ones!) on traditional layouts in new and inventive ways. 


I wanted this layout to be fun and interactive so I simply began by laying it out digitally. The great thing about digital cards is youcan really manipulate their size and I definitely took advantage of that option here. I sized my photos and card designs to 3 ¼” squares and made two layers of designs in Photoshop. One layer was for the top of the flipping cards, and one was for the insides so I made sure I liked the look of each of them together. I then printed all the images and cards out onto matte photo paper and trimmed them to size. While the photos were busy printing, I grabbed a 12” x 12” white cardstock and drew the squares with a ruler on the back of the paper. I ran my x-acto along the bottom and two sides about 1/8” smaller than my printed designs so they would fit nicely in and over the flipping pockets. v


The first step to finishing this layout was to attach theback layer of pictures and patterns. I simply flipped my window-cut white cardstockover and placed my images over the cut lines and washi taped them all aroundfor security. Once I was done, I flipped the page over and opened the flaps tomake sure everything looked correct from the front side. At this time, Icreased the flaps, added permanent adhesive and my front images on top of theflaps.


Once all the images and cards were secure, I grabbed mystash of embellishments and began scattering word stickers, gold hearts, andother decorative elements throughout the page for added balance and interest.Once I was happy with the finished product, I closed the flaps and it was readyto be opened and enjoyed by other viewers!





I hope this inspires you to grab some digital elements andmake your own interactive spreads! These elements can also be brought intoproject life by simply adding flip pockets atop your page protectors so I urgeyou to give it a try – it’s a lot of fun!   Xo, Cecily | The Paper Curator

Products Used:






Hi! I’m Cecily, an avid scrapbooker + coffee drinker + pursuer of happiness. A fashion designer by trade, I use the knowledge from my art and design background to create unique, artistic keepsakes with an emphasis on color, typography, and texture. I live my New York life to the fullest while curating it into paper keepsakes to share.














No comments:

Post a Comment