Triple Chocolate-Orange Cookies
2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1/2 cup Dutch-processed dark cocoa
2 tsp baking powder
1tsp table salt
16oz, semisweet chocolate, chopped
6oz dark chocolate chips
6oz orange chocolate, chopped (1 Terry's Chocolate Orange)
4 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 tsp orange extract
10 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1. Sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
2. Melt semi sweet chocolate in medium heatproof bowl set over pan of almost-simmering water, stirring once or twice, until smooth; remove from heat.
3. In bowl of standing mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat butter at medium speed until smooth and creamy, about 5 seconds. Beat in sugars until combined, about 45 seconds; mixture will look granular. Reduce speed to low and gradually beat in eggs, vanilla, and orange extract until incorporated, about 45 seconds. Add melted chocolate, chips, and orange chocolate in steady stream and beat until combined, about 40 seconds. Scrape bottom and sides of bowl with rubber spatula. With mixer at low speed, add dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Do not overbeat. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature until consistency is scoopable and fudgelike, about 30 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, adjust oven racks to the upper-middle and lower-middle positions and heat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Leaving about 1 ½ inches between each ball, scoop dough onto parchment-lined cookie sheets with 1¾-inch ice cream scoop.
5. Bake, reversing position of the baking sheets halfway through baking (from top to bottom and front to back), until edges of cookies have just begun to set but centers are still very soft, about 10 minutes. Cool cookies on sheets about 10 minutes, slide parchment with cookies onto wire racks, and cool to room temperature. Cover one baking sheet with new piece of parchment paper. Scoop remaining dough onto parchment-lined sheet, bake, and cool as directed. Remove cooled cookies from parchment with wide metal spatula and serve.
Hope you enjoy!