Connect with Little Lamm & Co.

gold facebook photo gold_facebook_zpseb70d3fe.png gold pinterest photo goldt_pinterest_zps33964411.png

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Katherine Wilkinson │ Documenting Not-So-Happy Stories

I challenged myself this week to scrap a photo that didn’t have a direct subject. What I wanted to accomplish was to tell more of a story with my scrapbooking layouts. I feel like I have all my day to day stories captured in my project life albums, and I generally have a good/funny story to tell on most of my 12x12 or 8 ½ x 11 layouts. But life isn’t about rainbows and butterflies all the time. So I decided to challenge myself with a few layouts telling more of the story.




This photo was taken the day after my husband’s Grandma’s funeral. There was a lot of tension, a lot of tears, and a roller coaster of emotions. I’m not one to journal in my layouts but I decided to open up more so that those reading these stories down the line can have an understanding what our family was like. I did write up a longer story which I’m including behind this layout once I print it out and put it in the album. 
How do you scrap your-not-so-happy stories?


Products Used











Hi I’m Katherine! I live in Edmonton, AB, Canada with my husband Brett, our two crazy daughters, Dylan and Olivia, and our dog, Dax. I work full time doing the accounting for a small business.

When I’m not working or chasing around the girls, I’m usually scrapping. My favorite form of memory keeping is Project Life. I started it in 2011 and never looked back. Though my style has changed over the years, I think I've  finally found a rhythm and style that I love.

I love good food, coffee, chocolate, Harry Potter, pretty packages, trivia games, anything DIY and I especially love that my city has all four seasons.


No comments:

Post a Comment