Connect with Little Lamm & Co.

gold facebook photo gold_facebook_zpseb70d3fe.png gold pinterest photo goldt_pinterest_zps33964411.png

Friday, June 20, 2014

Favorite Things Friday │ Salad

These matte gold serving utensils from SchoolHouse Electric & Supply!


Since we purchased a garden share this year, I need one of these!  Right now, I just load all the wet lettuce into a dish towel and go out to the yard and swing it around.  lol  I probably look pretty silly!


And a salad bowl


My favorite bottle for shaking up dressing.  It reminds me of the bottle in Practical Magic that they mix the maple syrup to banish the sheriff.



Hubby is a gadget guy so we have this mister and is great for oil and vinegar salads!


And of course salad bowls.  I love these simple white Corelle bowls.  They are light and sturdy!


Romaine lettuce for Caesar salads is a mainstay here.  But my favorite is a baby spinach and baby kale salad with honey mustard dressing, hard boiled egg, red bell peppers, shredded carrots, and red onion.  For honey mustard dressing, I just use 1 tbsp honey, 2 tsp Dijon mustard, dash or black pepper and a splash of water, I mix it all up in the bottom of the salad bowl, and then add the greens and toss.

My favorite salad making tip is to use the biggest bowl you have so you don't end up with stuff all over when you toss.





No comments:

Post a Comment